"Christianity seems like just another screwed-up religion!" Anna said. "Seriously, what has Christianity done for us-or for the world, for that matter? They're just a bunch of hypocrites, that's what I think! Are they good for anything?""I don't know, Anna,"...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
"Christianity seems like just another screwed-up religion!" Anna said. "Seriously, what has Christianity done for us-or for the world, for that matter? They're just a bunch of hypocrites, that's what I think! Are they good for anything?""I don't know, Anna," Caleb said. "I just don't know."Caleb has been a Christian for a long time. But he realizes that he can't bring himself to share his faith with anyone because it doesn't sound like good news anymore. Christianity's truth claims come across as hollow, arrogant and intolerant. Christians have a bad track record of hating and condemning those they disagree with. Worst of all, it feels like Christianity is just about "saving souls," giving people an escape ticket to heaven while the world falls apart. Is it only about Jesus forgiving our sins? There must be more to it than that...In this engaging narrative, James Choung weaves the tale of a search for a Christianity worth believing in. Disillusioned believer Caleb and hostile skeptic Anna wrestle with the plausibility of the Christian story in a world of pain and suffering. They ask each other tough questions about what Jesus really came to do and what Christianity is supposed to be about. Along the way, they discover that real Christianity is far bigger than anything they ever heard about in church. And the conversion that comes is not one that either of them expects.Join Caleb and Anna on their spiritual journeys as they probe Christianity from inside and out. Get past the old clichÉs and simplistic formulas. And discover a new way of understanding and presenting the Christian faith that really matters in a broken world.
James Choung (M.Div., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary) is divisional director and interim area director of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship's San Diego Division. He is also currently working on his Doctor of Ministry degree at Fuller Theological Seminary. He is the author of the post-modern apologetic True Story. Visit James at his website, jameschoung.net.
- "christianity Seems Like Just Another Screwed-up Religion!" Anna Said. "seriously, What Has Christianity Done For Us-or For The World, For That Matter? They're Just A Bunch Of Hypocrites, That's What I Think! Are They Good For Anything?""i Don't Know, Anna," Caleb Said. "i Just Don't Know."caleb Has Been A Christian For A Long Time. But He Realizes That He Can't Bring Himself To Share His Faith With Anyone Because It Doesn't Sound Like Good News Anymore. Christianity's Truth Claims Come Across As Hollow, Arrogant And Intolerant. Christians Have A Bad Track Record Of Hating And Condemning Those They Disagree With. Worst Of All, It Feels Like Christianity Is Just About "saving Souls," Giving People An Escape Ticket To Heaven While The World Falls Apart. Is It Only About Jesus Forgiving Our Sins? There Must Be More To It Than That...in This Engaging Narrative, James Choung Weaves The Tale Of A Search For A Christianity Worth Believing In. Disillusioned Believer Caleb And Hostile Skeptic Anna Wrestle With The Plausibility Of The Christian Story In A World Of Pain And Suffering. They Ask Each Other Tough Questions About What Jesus Really Came To Do And What Christianity Is Supposed To Be About. Along The Way, They Discover That Real Christianity Is Far Bigger Than Anything They Ever Heard About In Church. And The Conversion That Comes Is Not One That Either Of Them Expects.join Caleb And Anna On Their Spiritual Journeys As They Probe Christianity From Inside And Out. Get Past The Old Clichés And Simplistic Formulas. And Discover A New Way Of Understanding And Presenting The Christian Faith That Really Matters In A Broken World.
- Before We Start
- Once Upon A Time
- Prologue: A Crisis Of Faith
- Part One: Designed For Good
- Part Two: Damaged By Evil
- Part Three: Restored For Better
- Part Four: Sent Together To Heal
- Epilogue: New Beginnings?
- Behind The Scenes
- The Big Story: Why We Need It
- Three Movements: The Direction Of The Big Story
- Not A Quick Fix: The Purpose Of The Big Story
- A Walkthrough: Explaining The Big Story
- Sharing The Big Story
- About The Author