Understanding Your Teen: Shaping Their Character, Facing Their Realities
:Parenting teenagers is one of the biggest challenges parents face. New realities make becoming independent more difficult. Teens are traveling a different road and are moving at a different pace than those of previous generations. Today's cultural environment is more...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
:Parenting teenagers is one of the biggest challenges parents face. New realities make becoming independent more difficult. Teens are traveling a different road and are moving at a different pace than those of previous generations. Today's cultural environment is more complicated and confusing than ever.But fear not! Family expert Jim Burns provides a handy guide for parenting teens. For teens to become responsible adults, parents need to help them grow through developmental changes to attain a healthy self-identity, establish good relationships, make wise decisions, and grow in their relationship with God. Burns shows how parents can shape behavior and character, navigate social media challenges, and communicate and resolve conflict healthily. He also tackles the realities of our day, including cyberbullying, dating violence, self-injury, depression, and much more.Whether you're facing serious troubles or need simple tips for a better family life, this book offers help and hope.
Jim Burns founded the ministry of HomeWord in 1985 with the goal of bringing help and hope to struggling families. As host of the radio broadcast, HomeWord with Jim Burns, which is heard daily by more than one million listeners, Jim's passion is to build God-honoring families through communicating practical truths that will enable adults and young people alike to live out their Christian faith. In addition to the radio program, Jim speaks to thousands around the world each year through seminars and conferences. He is an award-winning author, whose books include The 10 Building Blocks for a Happy Family and Devotions on the Run.
- :prefacehow To Use This Book
- <strong>part One: Parenting Teens To Become Responsible Adults</strong>
- 1. Understanding Your Teenager2. Learning The Developmental Stages Of Adolescence3. Shaping Behavior Without Crushing Character4. Energizing Your Teen S Spiritual Life5. Creating A Media-safe Home6. Teaching Healthy Sexuality7. Ending The Homework Hassle While Preparing For College8. Keeping The Communication Lines Open9. The Changing Culture10. Your Marriage As You Raise Your Teen11. Dealing With A Troubled Teen
- <strong>part Two: Common Teen Issues And What Parents Can Do</strong>
- 12. Bullying And Cyberbullying13. Tragedy14. Dating Violence15. Depression16. Dinnertime17. Driving18. Drug And Alcohol Use And Abuse19. Eating Disorders20. Overweight And Obesity21. Self-injury22. Sexual Abuse23. Sleep24. Suicide