Pastor Laura Truax, originator of the "reverse tithe" at LaSalle Street Church in Chicago, wasn't always in this same place of faith. In Undone she shares her journey of seeing Scripture with new eyes.Whether a big crisis shakes us or...
You May Also Like
Pastor Laura Truax, originator of the "reverse tithe" at LaSalle Street Church in Chicago, wasn't always in this same place of faith. In Undone she shares her journey of seeing Scripture with new eyes.Whether a big crisis shakes us or little things wear away at us, these are moments where we are confronted with ourselves. This is not the way that things are supposed to be. We feel like failures. We are undone. Worse yet, we realize that underneath our masks and facades, we are not the person we are pretending to be. Who are we, really?Laura Truax knows what it's like when life hits the fan. But she discovered that these times of exposure and vulnerability can become opportunities to find out who we really are and what we are meant to be. When we come to the end of ourselves, God can meet us there to help us face our fears, take off our masks and rediscover our true self as part of his larger story.Your journey isn't done. Come discover how you can become the person you long to be.
Laura Truax is senior pastor of LaSalle Street Church in Chicago, Illinois. She holds degrees in divinity, pastoral studies and spirituality from Loyola University Divinity School and serves as a teaching pastor for World Vision and for the University of Chicago Divinity School. She and her family live in Chicago.
- Pastor Laura Truax, Originator Of The "reverse Tithe" At Lasalle Street Church In Chicago, Wasn't Always In This Same Place Of Faith. In <em>undone</em> She Shares Her Journey Of Seeing Scripture With New Eyes.whether A Big Crisis Shakes Us Or Little Things Wear Away At Us, These Are Moments Where We Are Confronted With Ourselves. This Is Not The Way That Things Are Supposed To Be. We Feel Like Failures. We Are Undone. Worse Yet, We Realize That Underneath Our Masks And Facades, We Are Not The Person We Are Pretending To Be. Who Are We, Really?laura Truax Knows What It's Like When Life Hits The Fan. But She Discovered That These Times Of Exposure And Vulnerability Can Become Opportunities To Find Out Who We Really Are And What We Are Meant To Be. When We Come To The End Of Ourselves, God Can Meet Us There To Help Us Face Our Fears, Take Off Our Masks And Rediscover Our True Self As Part Of His Larger Story.your Journey Isn't Done. Come Discover How You Can Become The Person You Long To Be.
- Part 1: Excluded By Fear
- 2. Broken Relationships And The Beginning Of Emptiness
- 3. Wanting More, Finding Less
- 4. Hiding Behind Masks
- 5. Behind The Mask
- 6. Transforming Fear
- Part 2: Rediscovering Trust
- 7. The Risk Of Trust
- 8. The Reward Of Trust
- 9. What Does God Want From Me?
- 10. Childlike Trust
- Part 3: Finding Real Connection
- 11. Restoring Your Identity
- 12. Imagine Love
- 13. Community: The Third Way
- 14. Little Choices: It's All Little Choices
- 15. The Arc Of The Future