Unfailing (Seedbed Resources Series)
We've all experienced the pain of broken promises. When those we love fail to keep their commitment to us, we feel betrayed and hurt, less likely to trust again. People fail us. Plans fail. But there is one who is...
You May Also Like
We've all experienced the pain of broken promises. When those we love fail to keep their commitment to us, we feel betrayed and hurt, less likely to trust again. People fail us. Plans fail. But there is one who is unfailing, who always keeps his word.
In Unfailing, pastor and teacher Rob Renfroe reminds us that because God is faithful to his Word we can base our lives on what he has said. And though hard times may follow where we experience confusion, loss, and pain--feeling overwhelmed--if we stand on the promises of God we, too, will not fail. Jesus promised that everyone who hears his words and puts them into practice is like a wise man who builds his house on a rock. Though the storms blow and the streams rise, the house does not fail because it is built on the rock.
Renfroe unpacks seven key ways in which God will not fail you, looking at God's promises, grace, peace, presence, guidance, power, strength, and love. Each of these is an important and essential aspect of God's trustworthy and unfailing character, reflecting his faithfulness to you. Each chapter includes a sample prayer as well as personal reflection questions that help you to further apply these truths to your life.
Rob Renfroe is Pastor of Discipleship at The Woodlands UMC in Houston, Texas. As pastor of adult discipleship, Rob is charged with helping all adult members of the church to grow in their faith, to discover their calling, and to find a place to serve Christ and others; but he is especially drawn to serving the men of the congregation. He leads the popular Quest, attended by 300 men on Tuesday mornings and 225 men on Sunday evenings (eight weeks each fall and spring). In addition to his work at The Woodlands UMC, he has served as the national chairperson for the Confessing Movement and is curre
- <p>we've All Experienced The Pain Of Broken Promises. When Those We Love Fail To Keep Their Commitment To Us, We Feel Betrayed And Hurt, Less Likely To Trust Again. People Fail Us. Plans Fail. But There Is One Who Is Unfailing, Who Always Keeps His Word.</p> <p>in <em>unfailing</em>, Pastor And Teacher Rob Renfroe Reminds Us That Because God Is Faithful To His Word We Can Base Our Lives On What He Has Said. And Though Hard Times May Follow Where We Experience Confusion, Loss, And Pain--feeling Overwhelmed--if We Stand On The Promises Of God We, Too, Will Not Fail. Jesus Promised That Everyone Who Hears His Words And Puts Them Into Practice Is Like A Wise Man Who Builds His House On A Rock. Though The Storms Blow And The Streams Rise, The House Does Not Fail Because It Is Built On The Rock.</p> <p>renfroe Unpacks Seven Key Ways In Which God Will Not Fail You, Looking At God's Promises, Grace, Peace, Presence, Guidance, Power, Strength, And Love. Each Of These Is An Important And Essential Aspect Of God's Trustworthy And Unfailing Character, Reflecting His Faithfulness To You. Each Chapter Includes A Sample Prayer As Well As Personal Reflection Questions That Help You To Further Apply These Truths To Your Life.</p>
- Chapter 2 Unfailing Grace: You Are No Longer Condemned
- Chapter 3 Unfailing Peace: I Will Give You Rest
- Chapter 4 Unfailing Presence: I Am With You Always
- Chapter 5 Unfailing Guidance: He Will Direct Your Paths
- Chapter 6 Unfailing Power: You Can Be Changed
- Chapter 7 Unfailing Strength: My Grace Will Be Sufficient For You
- Chapter 8 Unfailing Love: You Can Be Saved