Unlocking the Bible (Omnibus Edition)
A unique overview of both the Old and New Testaments, from a widely respected evangelical speaker and writer. Unlocking the Bible opens up the word of God in a fresh and powerful way. Avoiding the small detail of verse...
In Stock50+ available
You May Also Like
A unique overview of both the Old and New Testaments, from a widely respected evangelical speaker and writer.
Unlocking the Bible opens up the word of God in a fresh and powerful way. Avoiding the small detail of verse by verse studies, it sets out the epic story of God and his people in Israel. The culture, historical background and people are introduced and the teaching applied to the modern world.
Eight volumes have been brought into one compact and easy to use guide to cover both the Old and the New testaments in one massive omnibus edition.
* The Maker's Instructions - The five books of law
* A Land and A Kingdom - Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1&2 Samuel, 1&2 Kings
* Poems of Worship and Wisdom - Psalms, Song of Solomon, proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Job
* Decline and Fall of an Empire - Isaiah, Jeremiah and other prophets
* The Struggle to Survive - Chronicles and prophets of exile
* The Hinge of History - Mathew, Mark, Luke, John and acts
* The Thirteenth Apostle - Paul and his letters
* Through Suffering to Glory - Revelation, Hebrews, and the letters of James, Peter and Jude
This omnibus is a guide to reading and understanding the Bible. Eight volumes have been brought into one compact and easy-to-use guide, cover both the Old and the New Testaments.
Born in England in 1930, David began his career with a degree in Agriculture from Durham University. When God intervened and called him to become a Minister, he completed an MA in Theology at Cambridge University and served as a Chaplain in the Royal Air Force for 3 years. He moved on to pastor several churches including the Millmead Centre in Guildford which became a model for many UK church leaders. In 1979, the Lord led him into an international ministry. His current itinerant ministry is predominantly to church leaders. Over the years, he has written a large number of books, booklets, and daily reading notes. His extensive and very accessible overviews of the books of the Bible have been published and recorded in Unlocking the Bible. Millions of copies of his teachings have been distributed in more than 120 countries, providing a solid biblical foundation.
David and his wife Enid currently reside in the county of Hampshire in the UK.
Source: http://davidpawson.org/about/ accessed 23/03/2016