Urban Apologetics: Restoring Black Dignity With the Gospel
: African-Americans have long confronted the challenge of dignity destruction caused by white supremacy. While many have found meaning and restoration of dignity in the black church, others have found it in ethnocentric socioreligious groups and philosophies. These ideologies have...
In Stock8 available
You May Also Like
African-Americans have long confronted the challenge of dignity destruction caused by white supremacy. While many have found meaning and restoration of dignity in the black church, others have found it in ethnocentric socioreligious groups and philosophies. These ideologies have grown and developed deep traction in the black community and beyond. Previously found primarily in urban communities and conscious Hip-hop songs, now that we are in the Internet age, they have a broader reach than ever. Revisionist history, conspiracy theories, and misinformation about Jesus and Christianity are the order of the day. Many young African-Americans are disinterested in Christianity and others are leaving the church in search of what these false religious ideas appear to offer, a spirituality more indigenous to their history and ethnicity.
Edited by Dr. Eric Mason and featuring a top-notch lineup of contributors, Urban Apologetics is the first book focused entirely on cults, religious groups, and ethnocentric ideologies prevalent in the black community. It brings the church up to speed on the legitimate issues that blacks have with Western Christianity as well as the questions alternative religious groups pose about historic Christianity, and it applies the gospel to black identity to show that Jesus is the only one who can restore our identity.
Eric Masonis cofounder and lead pastor of Epiphany Fellowship in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He holds degrees from Dallas Theological Seminary (ThM) and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (DMin). Eric and his wife have two children.
- 1. The Search For Black Dignity (eric Mason)
- 2. All White Everything (jerome Gay)
- 3. Black Evangelicalism (thabiti Anyabwile)
- 4. What Is Urban Apologetics? (eric Mason)
- 5. Moorish Science Temple (tbd)
- 6. The Nation Of Islam (damon Richardson)
- 7. God Complex, 5% Nation (chris Broussaud)
- 8. Intermission (eric Mason)
- 9. Hebrew Israelites (mike Pereira)
- 10. African Spirituality / Kemetics / Egyptology (adam Colman)
- 11. Black Church History And Urban Apologetics (tiffany Gill)
- 12. Why The Black Church Must Be Relevant In Urban Apologetics (carl Ellis)
- 13. Intentionally Engaging Black Men (eric Mason)
- 14. The New Frontier For Black Women (sarita Lyons)
- 15. Knowing Your Bible (blake Wilson)
- 16. Warfare In Apologetics (michael Heiser)