Urbanisation in the Third World
Part of a series for advanced level students examining an issue of concern to today's society. It includes case study material and exercises and looks at the nature of Third World urbanization and the role that cities play in the...
Out of PrintUnavailable
You May Also Like
Part of a series for advanced level students examining an issue of concern to today's society. It includes case study material and exercises and looks at the nature of Third World urbanization and the role that cities play in the process of Third World development.
The Contemporary Issues in Geography series is for advanced level students. Each book examines an issue of concern to today's society, and includes case study material and exercises.;There is an urban explosion taking place in the Third World. Millions of people are involved, and politicians and planners are having to reinterpret the role of cities in social and economic development.;Today's Third World cities are associated with low levels of industrialization, marked inequalities between regions, and massive problems of housing and employment provision.;Urbanisation in the Third World takes a thoughtful look at the new and special nature of Third World urbanization, focusing on the important issues concerned. This includes the role that cities play in the process of Third World development, a key issue in contemporary world geography.
- Part 1 Third World Cities And Issues Of Development: The Urban Explosion
- In The Third World
- Millionaire Cities And Poor People
- Historical Perspectives - Mercantilism, Colonialism And Capitalism
- Dependency Theory And Third World Urbanization
- Cities And Inequalities
- Modern Patterns Of Consumption And Production In Third World Cities
- Top-down And Bottom Up Strategies Of Development
- New Perspectives On Development And Urbanisation
- Models Of Third World City Structure
- Housing In Third World Cities - From Rags To Riches
- The Informal Sector And Employment. Part 2 Case Studies Of Urban
- Plannings: Introduction
- Urbanization And Planning At The National Level
- Planning For Houses And Jobs In Third World Cities. Part 3 Exercises:
- Monitoring Third World Urban Development
- Urban Growth Rates And Levels Of Development
- Housing Conditions In A Caribbean City
- Upgrading An Unplanned Housing Area.