Water From a Deep Well
Available Now.1 Available
You may also like
Gerald L. Sittser (Ph.D., University of Chicago) is professor of theology at Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington. He is the author of The Adventure, A Cautious Patriotism, A Grace Disguised, The Will of God as a Way of Life and When God Doesn't Answer Your Prayer.
Sittser has won numerous awards and honors including a Gold Medallion Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association for his book When God Doesn't Answer Your Prayer. His two most recent books Water from a Deep Well which surveys the Spirituality from the early martyrs to modern missionaries, and Love One Another which examines and applies the 'one another' exhortations of the New Testament to believers so we will aspire to Becoming the Church Jesus Longs For.
Koorong - Editorial Review.
Dr. Eugene H. Peterson is a pastor, scholar, author, and poet. He has written nearly thirty influential books including, Praying with the Psalms; Praying with Jesus; Reversed Thunder; Leap Over a Wall; Run with the Horses and Answering God , but he is best known for The Message: The Bible in Contemporary Language a contemporary paraphrase of the Bible.
Eugene Peterson was educated at Seattle Pacific University, New York Theological Seminary, and Johns Hopkins University, and in 1962, Peterson became founding pastor of Christ Our King Presbyterian Church in Bel Air, Maryland, where he served for 29 years before retiring. He is Professor Emeritus of Spiritual Theology at Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia retiring in 2002.
His most recent publications have been the Spiritual Theology Series including Eat this Book; Christ Dances in a Thousand Places; The Word Made Flesh; The Jesus Way and the fifth volume Practising Resurrection.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- Foreword By Eugene Peterson
- Introduction: There Is More!
- 1 Witness: The Spirituality Of The Early Christian Martyrs
- 2 Belonging: The Spirituality Of Early Christian Community
- 3 Struggle: The Spirituality Of The Desert Saints
- 4 Rhythm: The Spirituality Of Monasticism
- 5 Holy Heroes: The Spirituality Of Icons And Saints
- 6 Windows: The Spirituality Of The Sacraments
- 7 Union: The Spirituality Of The Mystics
- 8 Ordinariness: The Spirituality Of The Medieval Laity
- 9 Word: The Spirituality Of The Reformers
- 10 Conversion: The Spirituality Of Evangelicals
- 11 Risk: The Spirituality Of Pioneer Missionaries
- Conclusion: <em>where Do We Go From Here?</em>
- Discussion Questions
- Annotated Reading List
- Illustration Credits