Have you ever had an experience where you felt particularly aware of God? If God is real, and we are created in God's image, then it makes sense that our minds and bodies would be designed with the perceptive ability...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Have you ever had an experience where you felt particularly aware of God? If God is real, and we are created in God's image, then it makes sense that our minds and bodies would be designed with the perceptive ability to sense and experience God. Scientists are now discovering ways that our bodies are designed to connect with God. Brain research shows that our brain systems are wired to enable us to have spiritual experiences. The spiritual circuits that are used in prayer or worship are also involved in developing compassion for others. Our bodies have actually been created to love God and serve our neighbors. Award-winning journalist Rob Moll chronicles the fascinating ways in which our brains and bodies interact with God and spiritual realities. He reports on neuroscience findings that show how our brains actually change and adapt when engaged in spiritual practices. We live longer, healthier, happier and more fulfilling lives when we cultivate the biological spiritual capacity that puts us in touch with God. God has created our bodies to fulfill the Great Commandment; we are hardwired to commune with God and to have compassion and community with other people. Moll explores the neuroscience of prayer, how liturgy helps us worship, why loving God causes us to love others, and how a life of love and service leads to the abundant life for which we were created. Just as our physical bodies require exercise to stay healthy, so too can spiritual exercises and practices revitalize our awareness of God.Heighten your spiritual senses and discover how you have been designed for physical and spiritual flourishing.
Rob Moll is an award-winning journalist and editor-at-large with Christianity Today. He has written extensively on health and health-care issues, investing and personal finance, religion and rural America. His work has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Profitable Investing, Books & Culture and Leadership. He has also served as a hospice volunteer. Moll is on staff with Opportunity International and lives with his family in the Chicago area.
Card is an award-winning musician, performing artist and writer of "El Shaddai," "Immanuel" and many other songs. He has produced over 21 albums. He has also written numerous books, including A Violent Grace, The Parable of Joy and Sleep Sound in Jesus (a children's book) and his latest Joy in the Journey Through the Year. A graduate of Western Kentucky University with a bachelor's and master's degrees in biblical studies, Card is currently at work on a Ph.D. in classical literature. He also serves as mentor to many younger artists and musicians, teaching courses on the creative process and calling the Christian recording industry into deeper discipleship. Card lives in Tennessee with his wife and four children.- Publisher.
- Have You Ever Had An Experience Where You Felt Particularly Aware Of God? If God Is Real, And We Are Created In God's Image, Then It Makes Sense That Our Minds And Bodies Would Be Designed With The Perceptive Ability To Sense And Experience God. Scientists Are Now Discovering Ways That Our Bodies Are Designed To Connect With God. Brain Research Shows That Our Brain Systems Are Wired To Enable Us To Have Spiritual Experiences. The Spiritual Circuits That Are Used In Prayer Or Worship Are Also Involved In Developing Compassion For Others. Our Bodies Have Actually Been Created To Love God And Serve Our Neighbors. Award-winning Journalist Rob Moll Chronicles The Fascinating Ways In Which Our Brains And Bodies Interact With God And Spiritual Realities. He Reports On Neuroscience Findings That Show How Our Brains Actually Change And Adapt When Engaged In Spiritual Practices. We Live Longer, Healthier, Happier And More Fulfilling Lives When We Cultivate The Biological Spiritual Capacity That Puts Us In Touch With God. God Has Created Our Bodies To Fulfill The Great Commandment; We Are Hardwired To Commune With God And To Have Compassion And Community With Other People. Moll Explores The Neuroscience Of Prayer, How Liturgy Helps Us Worship, Why Loving God Causes Us To Love Others, And How A Life Of Love And Service Leads To The Abundant Life For Which We Were Created. Just As Our Physical Bodies Require Exercise To Stay Healthy, So Too Can Spiritual Exercises And Practices Revitalize Our Awareness Of God.heighten Your Spiritual Senses And Discover How You Have Been Designed For Physical And Spiritual Flourishing.
- <strong>part 1: Spiritual Bodies</strong>
- 1. This Is Your Brain On God2. Born Connectors3. Monkey See, Monkey Do4. Life Together5. Wired For Intimacy6. A Path Through Suffering
- <strong>part 2: Spiritual Growth</strong>
- 7. Practicing The Disciplines8. Worship: Engaging The Senses9. Acts Of Service
- <strong>part 3: It Works!</strong>
- 10. Neuro-transformation11. The Great Physician12. Going Public With The Good Lifeacknowledgmentsnotesabout The Author