When Changing Nothing Changes Everything
Reframing your perspective can transform your life. We often face circumstances that we cannot change-a job we are forced to keep, a relationship that did not work out, a decision we cannot take back. The stress of life can overwhelm...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Reframing your perspective can transform your life. We often face circumstances that we cannot change-a job we are forced to keep, a relationship that did not work out, a decision we cannot take back. The stress of life can overwhelm us, and we may not see past the obstacles in our path. In the face of unwanted challenges, we may despair over our lack of control and long for an easier way out. Laurie Short offers a simple but revolutionary idea: change nothing that is around you yet still change everything about your life. With the help of four different lenses, Laurie shows how the way you see can have an impact on how you live. If you put on the right lenses, you can reframe whatever comes your way and embrace both the good and the bad, recognizing that every detail of your life is fully in God's sovereign hands. Jesus indicates the power of focus when he says, "The eye is the lamp of the body, if the eye is good then the whole body will be full of light." It's the easiest way to find lasting meaning and purpose. Change nothing, but see differently. Your perspective has more power than you think to determine the course of your life.
LAURIE SHORT is a speaker, author and associate pastor of Ocean Hills Covenant Church in Santa Barbara, CA. She has spoken to more than 500,000 people in her ministry career, at youth conferences, women's conferences, denominational gatherings, music festivals, colleges and churches around the country. Laurie is a graduate of UCLA and Fuller Theological Seminary, a former youth minister and trainer, and the author of thirteen books for youth and youth workers. She was on the speaking staff of Youth Specialties for fifteen years, and is listed as one of Compassion International's featured speakers. She has worked as a youth pastor (First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley), an adjunct professor (Azusa Pacific University), and an associate minister (Ocean Hills Covenant Church).
- <strong>reframing Your Perspective Can Transform Your Life.</strong> We Often Face Circumstances That We Cannot Change-a Job We Are Forced To Keep, A Relationship That Did Not Work Out, A Decision We Cannot Take Back. The Stress Of Life Can Overwhelm Us, And We May Not See Past The Obstacles In Our Path. In The Face Of Unwanted Challenges, We May Despair Over Our Lack Of Control And Long For An Easier Way Out. Laurie Short Offers A Simple But Revolutionary Idea: Change Nothing That Is Around You Yet Still Change Everything About Your Life. With The Help Of Four Different Lenses, Laurie Shows How The Way You See Can Have An Impact On How You Live. If You Put On The Right Lenses, You Can Reframe Whatever Comes Your Way And Embrace Both The Good And The Bad, Recognizing That Every Detail Of Your Life Is Fully In God's Sovereign Hands. Jesus Indicates The Power Of Focus When He Says, "the Eye Is The Lamp Of The Body, If The Eye Is Good Then The Whole Body Will Be Full Of Light." It's The Easiest Way To Find Lasting Meaning And Purpose. Change Nothing, But See Differently. Your Perspective Has More Power Than You Think To Determine The Course Of Your Life.
- <strong>lens 1: The Big View</strong>
- 1. The Big Picture Changes The Small Picture2. Your View Of Circumstances Shapes What They Become3. Your Death Can Change Your Life
- <strong>lens 2: The Present View</strong>
- 4. Seeing The Path In Front Of You5. Seeing The People On Your Path
- <strong>lens 3: The Rear View</strong>
- 6. Looking At Your Past Brings Clarity7. Looking At Your Memories Builds Hope
- <strong>lens 4: The Higher View</strong>
- 8. Pausing To Notice God’s Gifts9. Seeing The Purpose, Not Your Pain10. Opening Your Eyes To Need11. Looking At Your Life With New Eyes