2019 IVP Readers' Choice Award Where can I turn to see God? How can I more clearly recognize God's nearness and initiative in my life? These are vital questions if you desire to know and experience the living...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
2019 IVP Readers' Choice Award
Where can I turn to see God? How can I more clearly recognize God's nearness and initiative in my life? These are vital questions if you desire to know and experience the living God. As spiritual directors, Beth and David Booram have guided many people into deeper awareness of this living, present God at work within their lives. When Faith Becomes Sight will help you grow in confidence that God is attentive to you and involved in your life as you learn to recognize God in and around you, reflect on your experience, and respond faithfully to God's presence and action in your life. Along the way you may venture across new streets and encounter unfamiliar terrain as you notice how God is speaking and what God is doing. In those silent, shimmering moments, you will be invited to greet the One who has been seeking you your entire life-the Divine Presence who is all around you.
- Catalogue Code 557078
- Product Code 9780830848379
- ISBN 0830848371
- EAN 9780830848379
- Department General Books
- Category Christian Living
- Sub-Category General
- Publisher Intervarsity Press Usa
- Publication Date Nov 2019
- Sales Rank 62908
- DRM Free
- Printable No
- Size 4.11 MB (EPUB)
Beth Booram spent sixteen years on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ and has served in a number of pastoral roles in the local church, both mainline and nondenominational, including a 6,500-member congregation. She leads contemplative retreats and speaks frequently on topics of spirituality and leadership. Learn more at www.wideopenspacesofgod.org.
David Booram is the cofounder and director of Fall Creek Abbey, an urban retreat center in Indianapolis, where he and his wife Beth lead The School of Spiritual Direction and offer individual and group spiritual direction. He is the founder of Direction 4 Life Work, through which he is a career counselor.
- <ul> <li>2019 Ivp Readers' Choice Award</li> </ul> <strong>where Can I Turn To See God? How Can I More Clearly Recognize God's Nearness And Initiative In My Life?</strong> These Are Vital Questions If You Desire To Know And Experience The Living God. As Spiritual Directors, Beth And David Booram Have Guided Many People Into Deeper Awareness Of This Living, Present God At Work Within Their Lives. <em>when Faith Becomes Sight</em> Will Help You Grow In Confidence That God Is Attentive To You And Involved In Your Life As You Learn To Recognize God In And Around You, Reflect On Your Experience, And Respond Faithfully To God's Presence And Action In Your Life. Along The Way You May Venture Across New Streets And Encounter Unfamiliar Terrain As You Notice How God Is Speaking And What God Is Doing. In Those Silent, Shimmering Moments, You Will Be Invited To Greet The One Who Has Been Seeking You Your Entire Life-the Divine Presence Who Is All Around You.
- <strong>part I: Looking For</strong>
- 1. Shimmering Attractions
- 2. Recurring Themes And Symbols
- 3. Transcendent Moments
- 4. Slender Threads
- 5. The Fertile Void
- <strong>part Ii: Looking Through</strong>
- 6. The Face Of God
- 7. Imagining Jesus
- 8. Expectations And Assumptions
- 9. The Holy Flame
- 10. God's Big Book
- <strong>part Iii: Looking Within</strong>
- 11. (dis)orientation
- 12. Befriending Desire
- 13. Endlessly Inventive Resistance
- 14. Essence And Illusion
- 15. Night Work
- Conclusion: God On The Lookout For You
- Appendix 1: A Word About Experience
- Appendix 2: The Unique Stance Of Spiritual Direction