When I Got on the Highway to Heaven I Didn't Expect Rocky Roads
Detours abound on our way to the Promised Land. Like the Israelites in the wilderness, at times we find ourselves lost on our journey, without food, and desperate for water. Author and popular speaker Jeanne Zornes takes a humorous and...
UnavailableOut of Print
You may also like
Detours abound on our way to the Promised Land. Like the Israelites in the wilderness, at times we find ourselves lost on our journey, without food, and desperate for water. Author and popular speaker Jeanne Zornes takes a humorous and poignant look at the tough times of life through the stories of people who have faced insurmountable obstacles - the athlete who contracted polio, the wife whose husband abandoned the family - and she shows how God can use rocky roads to bring us closer to Him.
With humor and sensitivity Jeanne Zornes tells the stories of people (herself included) who have faced detours, delays, potholes, and major pileups in their journeys to God -- the husband who foresaw his own death, the athlete who contracted polio, the wife whose husband abandoned the family, the son who adopted a homosexual lifestyle. All these came to see how God used their circumstances to bring them closer to him.
WHEN I GOT ON THE HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN...I DIDN'T EXPECT ROCKY ROADS^There may be detours on the way to Glory.^^After getting lost-again-while driving to a women's Conference Jeanne Zornes decided there must be an eleventh commandment: "Thou shalt build Christian retreat centers in mysterious locations known only to angels and UPS drivers."^^All of us get lost sometimes on the road to our Promised Land. What happens? We complain. But Jeanne Zornes inspires us to persevere by telling the stories of ordinary people who faced extraordinary circumstances. Jeanne's practical wisdom, clear biblical application, and humor show us how our rocky roads can lead us to God.^
Jeanne Zornes has published eight books and her articles have appeared in more than 50 magazines, including Moody, Today's Christian Woman, Christian Parenting, and Power for Living. When she is not on the road speaking, Zornes hangs her hat in Wenatchee, Washginton with her husband and two children.
- 1. This Road Doesn't Go There - Despair And Hope
- 2. Wrong Number, God! - Cowardice And Duty
- 3. Stuck Between The Devil And The Deep Red Sea - Fear And Fortitude
- 4. Going The Wrong Way On A One-way Street - Bitterness And Forgiveness
- 5. You Expect Me To Eat That? - Ingratitude And Thankfulness
- 6. When The Water Bottles Run Out... - Discouragement And Trust
- 7. There Are Monsters Under The Bed! - Defeatism And Anticipation
- 8. Are We There Yet? - Impatience And Self-control
- 9. Where There's Smoke There's Ire - Forgetfulness And Remembrance
- 10. There Are Giants Over There! - Pessimism And Certainty
- 11. I'll Do It My Way - Pride And Submission
- 12. Why Me? - Grumbling And Reconciliation
- 13. From Whiners To Winners - Disbelief And Appropriation