Who Are the Evangelicals?
This study explains the contemporary evangelical movement, both by tracing ^its historical roots and by exploring its major doctrinal concerns. The ^book looks at what distinguishes evangelicals from other Christians, ^explains what unifies evangelicals and draws attention to their diversity.^Special...
UnavailableOut of Print
You may also like
This study explains the contemporary evangelical movement, both by tracing ^its historical roots and by exploring its major doctrinal concerns. The ^book looks at what distinguishes evangelicals from other Christians, ^explains what unifies evangelicals and draws attention to their diversity.^Special consideration is given to issues such as the Bible, salvation, ^conversion, world mission, social concern, heaven and hell, and ecumenism. ^It also highlights the dangers of recent success in the light of the ^growth and prominence given to evangelicalism, and presents evangelicals ^with a challenge to remain true to their heritage. The book should provoke ^interest among non-Christians and non-evangelicals curious about the ^contemporary evangelical Church and its teachings. It is also suitable for ^theological students, pastors and lay readers within the evangelical ^Church.
Derek Tidball is Visiting Scholar at Spurgeon's College, London. Previously, he served as Principal of the London School of Theology, as pastor of two Baptist Churches, as a tutor at London School of Theology, and as head of the mission department of the Baptist Union. Currently he is Vice-President of the Evangelical Alliance and Visiting Scholar at Spurgeon's College. He is the author of numerous books including Skilful Shepherds: An Introduction to Pastoral Theology (Apollos), Builders and Fools: Images of Pastoral Ministry in Paul (IVP), and The Message of Leviticus ((The Bible Speaks Today series) and The Message of the Cross, and most recently Ministry by the Book
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- Part 1 Origins: Blest Be The Tie That Binds - Introducing Evangelicalism -
- The Resurgence Of Evangelicalism, What Is Evangelicalism?, Contrasts To
- Evangelicalism, The Case Of Fundamentalism
- Sweetly May We All Agree - Evangelicalism's Varieties And Critics -
- Varieties Of Evangelicalism, Critics Of Evangelicalism
- Rock Of Ages - The Story Of Evangelicalism In Great Britain - The 18th
- Century Evangelical Revival, The Early 19th Century, Mid- And
- Late-19th-century Developments, The 20th Century
- Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory - The Story Of Evangelicalism In The United
- States - The Great Awakening, The Second Great Awakening, The Development
- Of Revivalism, The Fading Of A Dream, Fundamentalism Versus Modernism,
- Evangelicalism - Realignments And Resurgence. Part 2 Doctrines: The Bible
- Tells Me So - Evangelicals And The Bible - Early Foundations, Inspiration
- And Authority, Infallibility And Inerrancy, Biblical Criticism,
- Interpretation, Popular Evangelicalism And The Bible
- The Wondrous Cross - Evangelicals And The Atonement - The Centrality Of
- The Cross, Why Is It So Important?, Understanding The Cross, Fuller
- Evangelical Perspectives On The Atonement, Charismatic Renewal And
- Evangelical Views Of The Cross, Is The Cross Still Central?
- O Happy Day - Evangelicals And Conversion - The Theology Of Conversion,
- The Experience Of Conversion, The Means Of Conversion, The Growth Of The
- Evangelistic Empire, Challenges To Conversion
- The Crowning Day Is Coming - Evangelicals And The Last Things - Where
- Evangelicals Agree, The Millennium, The Problem Of Hell
- Glorious Things Of Thee Are Spoken - Evangelicals And The Church -
- Evangelical Assumptions, Evangelical Weaknesses, Evangelical Distinctives,
- Evangelicals And Ecumenism
- Tread All The Powers Of Darkness Down - Evangelicals And Social Action -
- Early Reformers, The Age Of Societies, The Great Reversal, The Path To
- Recovery, The Way Forward?
- O For A Closer Walk With God - Evangelicals And Spirituality - What Is
- Evangelical Spirituality?, The Means Of Evangelical Spirituality, Tensions
- In Evangelical Spirituality, Contemporary Evangelical Spirituality. Part 3
- Contemporary Evangelicalism: The Lord Has Yet More Light And Truth -
- Evangelicalism Today And Tomorrow - Unity And Diversity, Doctrine Or
- Ideology?, Arrogance Or Humility?, Change Or Decay?, Fixed Or
- Progressive?, Success Or Failure?, Would Jesus Be An Evangelical Today?.