Women of Faith From the Old Testament (The Good Book Guides Series)
Ask the average person about women from the Old Testament and they will probably imagine that these ancient documents have little to say. After all, doesn't the Bible come from an age in which women were totally repressed? In fact,...
Available Now.8 Available
You may also like
Ask the average person about women from the Old Testament and they will probably imagine that these ancient documents have little to say. After all, doesn't the Bible come from an age in which women were totally repressed? In fact, until recently, hasn't the Bible itself been responsible for keeping women down? If these are opinions that you share or have come across, then this Good Book Guide will give you a totally different view of the Bible. It examines the lives and experiences of seven women from ancient Israel, highlighting their flaws and their faith, their struggles and solutions. Women who were wives, mothers and worshippers of God - from a pagan prostitute to a prophetess waging war. Through the lives of these women we learn about God, ourselves, the great problem with this world, and what God is doing about it. This is not just a history course - these stories could change your life!
Mary Eileen Davis is a full-time writer whose first published novel was Newlywed Games from Multnomah. Her other books include Love Letters, Michigan Weddings, Heritage, and Lakeside. She enjoys going into schools and talking to kids about writing. Mary lives near Colorado's Rocky Mountains with her husband, three children, and six pets
- 1. Eve: From Doubt To Disaster (genesis 3)
- 2. Sarah: From Unbelief To Faith (genesis (various Passages))
- 3. Rahab: From Fear To Faith (joshua 2 & 6)
- 4. Deborah: From Oppression To Praise (judges 4)
- 5. Hannah: From Grief To Gratitude (1 Samuel 1)
- 6. Abigail: From Folly To Wisdom (1 Samuel 25)
- 7. The Shunammite: From Death To Life (2 Kings 4 V 8-37)
- 8. The Godly Wife: From Wisdom To Honour (proverbs 31 V 10-31)
- Leaders' Guide