Worship in the Way of the Cross
Too often worship is seen as just the music, an onstage performance that puts the spotlight on the worship leader. But worship is fundamentally an other-centered, self-giving act of service. Worship properly directed to God for his glory also results...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Too often worship is seen as just the music, an onstage performance that puts the spotlight on the worship leader. But worship is fundamentally an other-centered, self-giving act of service. Worship properly directed to God for his glory also results in the Christlike formation and transformation of both worship leaders and congregants.Worship leader and biblical scholar John Frederick unpacks the shape of worship in the way of the cross, where leaders act not as lords but as servants. With a mix of biblical exposition and practical insights, he explores a cruciform theology of worship: as the cross demonstrates the nature of God, worship in the way of the cross transforms us into the image of God who is love. Thus worshipers and worship leaders alike can come to embody the other-centered humility of Christ. This paradigm has implications for how worship leaders and pastoral staff relate to one another, and for renewing the artistic output of the church. In cruciform worship, we encounter the Son of God and embody the love of God. Discover how in worship we can empty ourselves for the transformation of others.
- Too Often Worship Is Seen As Just The Music, An Onstage Performance That Puts The Spotlight On The Worship Leader. But Worship Is Fundamentally An Other-centered, Self-giving Act Of Service. Worship Properly Directed To God For His Glory Also Results In The Christlike Formation And Transformation Of Both Worship Leaders And Congregants.worship Leader And Biblical Scholar John Frederick Unpacks The Shape Of Worship In The Way Of The Cross, Where Leaders Act Not As Lords But As Servants. With A Mix Of Biblical Exposition And Practical Insights, He Explores A Cruciform Theology Of Worship: As The Cross Demonstrates The Nature Of God, Worship In The Way Of The Cross Transforms Us Into The Image Of God Who Is Love. Thus Worshipers And Worship Leaders Alike Can Come To Embody The Other-centered Humility Of Christ. This Paradigm Has Implications For How Worship Leaders And Pastoral Staff Relate To One Another, And For Renewing The Artistic Output Of The Church. In Cruciform Worship, We Encounter The Son Of God And Embody The Love Of God. Discover How In Worship We Can Empty Ourselves For The Transformation Of Others.
- <strong>part I: The Story That Shapes Cruciform Worship</strong>
- 1. The Stories That Transform (or Deform) Us And The World: The Narrative Background To Cruciform Worship2. The World That We Shape And The World That Shapes Us: The Transformative Power Of Cruciform Worship
- <strong>part Ii: Cruciformation: Worship In The Way Of The Cross</strong>
- 3. An Introduction To Cruciformation (or, Toward A Theology Of "family Resemblance")4. Cruciform Knowledge: Encountering Christ Through Cruciform Worship5. Cruciform Perfection: Completion In Christ Through Cruciform Community6. An Apology For The Church
- <strong>part Iii: Cruciform Counterculture</strong>
- 7. Worship At The Karaoke Chapel: From Subculture Of Sameness To Counterculture Of Cruciformity8. How The Many Become One In Christ: From Homogeneous Unit To Multicultural, Multigenerational, Countercultural Family9. Cultivating A Counterculture Of Cruciform Worship: Some Basic Principles, Paradigms, And Approaches
- <strong>part Iv: Interpersonal Cruciformity</strong>
- 10. Introduction To Interpersonal Cruciformity11. Interpersonal Cruciformity In The Congregation12. Interpersonal Cruciformity Within The Pastoral Staff
- <strong>part V: Cruciform Liturgy</strong>
- 13. The Liturgy Of Cruciform Worship: Cruciformation Through Liturgical Ideation14. The Cruciformational Prayers Of The People: Ideation Through Supplication15. The Cruciformational Preaching And Singing Of The Word: Ideation Through Proclamation And Melodic-harmonic Incarnation16. Cruciformation Through Holy Communion: Ideation Through Sacramental Participation
- <strong>part Vi: Cruciform Mission</strong>
- 17. Cruciformission