Youth Ministry From the Inside Out: How Who You Are Shapes What You Do
Flash! Ping! Whiz! Pop! Boom! Bang! Crash! Such are the sights and sounds of modern youth ministry. We look for the bigger, the louder, the brighter. And we work long and hard to make our ministry the biggest, the...
Print on DemandAvailable to order. Your order will be printed by our Melbourne Supplier. Not available In-Store
You May Also Like
Flash! Ping! Whiz! Pop! Boom! Bang! Crash!
Such are the sights and sounds of modern youth ministry. We look for the bigger, the louder, the brighter. And we work long and hard to make our ministry the biggest, the loudest, the brightest.
But look out and listen up: God is not caught up in sound and fury. And he doesn't want to see youth workers disengage - letting the momentum define their purpose.
Mike Higgs, reflecting on more than two decades of work with youth, thinks the greatest need among youth workers today is a reminder of who we are. We need to set aside the distractions of an emphasis on performance and focus instead on connecting with God in his work in us, our students and other youth workers. When a renewed spirit shapes our work with youth, our ministry will become less a muddled chorus of strategies and targets, and more a symphony of purpose and practice.
Mike Higgs (M.A., Western Seminary, Portland, Oregon) is president of LINC Ministries, which he founded in 1992, and executive director of the Portland Youth Foundation in Portland, Oregon. He has also served as field coordinator for the National Network of Youth Ministries. And he has given direction to the prayer ministries of several national youth conferences, including DC/LA and the Joshua Revolution. With many years of experience as a youth pastor and youth ministry consultant, he is a frequent speaker at camps, retreats and conferences for youth and youth ministry workers. Higgs has also written articles for magazines like Youthworker Journal, Campus Life, Cutting Edge (Australia), Network Insights! and The Door. He is the author of Youth Ministry from the Inside Out: How who you are shapes what you do.
- The Youth Ministry Symphony: An Explanation And Introduction
- <strong>first Movement: Renewing Yourself</strong>
- 1. "i Am Desperate": An Embracing Of Brokenness
- 2. "i Am Ruined": A Call To Consecration
- 3. "i Am Wounded": A Place For Healing
- Interlude: A Gift Of Mercy
- <strong>second Movement: Rethinking Your Approach</strong>
- 4. "i Am Safe": A Stronghold Of Protection
- 5. "i Am At Rest": A Blessing Of Sabbath
- 6. "i Am Here": A Posture For Hearing
- 7. "i Am A Warrior": A Briefing On The Battle (i)
- 8. "i Am Not Alone": A Briefing On The Battle (ii)
- Interlude: A Challenge To Perseverance
- <strong>third Movement: Restoring Our Unity</strong>
- 9. "we Are One": The Mandate Of Love And Unity
- 10. "we Are Asking": The Power Of United Prayer
- 11. "we Are Listening": The Importance Of Discernment
- Interlude: Patient, Expectant Hope
- 12. For An Audience Of One: The Heart Of Youth Ministry
- 13. Courageous Faith: The Risk Of Inside-out Youth Ministry