A History of Religion in Britain
This book is the first one volume history of religious belief and practice in England, Wales and Scotland. It covers the period from Roman times to the present and has been written by twenty-three scholars, all writing accessibly for a wide readership.
You May Also Be Interested In
About "A History of Religion in Britain"
Table Of Contents
- Part I: Conversion And Christianity 1. Religion In Roman Britain, Martin
- Henig (university Of Oxford)
- 2. Religion In Anglo-saxon England, Gerald Bonner (university Of Durham)
- 3. From The Conquest To The Black Death, Rosalind Hill (university Of
- 4. Piety In The Later Middle Ages, Norman Tanner (university Of Oxford)
- 5. Medieval Wales And The Reformation, Glanmor Williams (university Of
- 6. Religious Life In Medieval Scotland, Michael Lynch (university Of
- Edinburgh) Part Ii: Reform, Revival And Enlightenment 7. The Church In
- Scotland From The Reformation To Disruption, James K. Cameron 8. Reformed
- Religion In England, W.j. Sheils (university Of York) 9. Anglicanism In
- Stuart And Hanoverian England, Ian Green (university Of Belfast) 10.
- Radical Sects And Dissenting Churches, 1600-1750, Michael Mullet
- (university Of Lancaster) 11. Rational Religion In England From Herbert Of
- Cherbury To William Paley, David Pailin (university Of Manchester) 12.
- Catholicism In England From The Reformation To The Relief Acts, W.j.
- Sheils (university Of York) 13. Evangelical Revival In 18th-century
- Britain, W.r. Ward (university Of Durham) Part Iii: Industrialization,
- Empire And Identity 14. Church And State Since 1800, Edward Norman
- (christchurch College, Canterbury) 15. The Church Of England In The 19th
- Century, Sheridan Gilley (university Of Durham) 16. Religious Life In
- Industrial Britain, 1830-1914, David Hempton (university Of Belfast) 17.
- Hebrews Hellenized?: English Evangelical Nonconformity And Culture,
- 1840-1940, Clyde Binfield (university Of Sheffield) 18. The Roman Catholic
- Church In England, 1780-1940, Sheridan Gilley, (university Of Durham) 19.
- Religion And Community In Scotland And Wales Since 1800, Keith Robbins
- (university Of Lancaster) 20. British Religion And The Wider World,
- Mission And Empire, Peter C. Williams (university Of Bristol) 21.
- Secularists And Nationalists, Edward Royle (university Of York) Part Iv
- The 20th Century 22. The Jewish Community In Britain, Jonathan Campbell,
- University Of Lampeter) 23. Religious Life Between The Wars, Stuart Mews
- (university Of Lancaster) 24. The Christian Churches In England Since The
- War: Ecumenism And Social Concern, Alan Suggate (university Of Durham) 25.
- Religious Pluralism In Modern Britain, Paul Badham (university Of
- Lampeter) 26. Secularization And The Future, Alan Gilbert (university Of