Devotions For the Children's Hour
Prepare your children to stand strong in this age of questions and contradictions. David and Goliath. Noah and the ark. Jonah and the whale. Children love stories of Bible characters. Yet they need more than just the stories. They need to understand the truths that lie behind these stories. Truth that will answer tough questions such as: Who is God? What if I'm a Christian and I still sin? What does God want me to do? Why did Jesus have to die? How will I know if others love Jesus? For many years, Ken Taylor has been giving children this biblical foundation through his books. While containing profound truth, they are written in simple and plain language that kids can understand. Full of stories and straight talk and complete with suggested Bible reading, questions for thought, relevant prayers, and songs to sing, Devotions for the Children's Hour will give your children the head start they need to stand on the Rock of Salvation in this shaky world.
You May Also Be Interested In
About "Devotions For the Children's Hour"
Meet the Author
With ten children and more than 25 grandchildren of his own, Kenneth N. Taylor (Wheaton College, Dallas Theological Seminary, Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, Th.M.) has more than ample experience with teaching children about the Bible. The author of the best-selling Living Bible paraphrase, and Devotions for the Children's Hour, Dr. Taylor is Chairman of the Board at Tyndale House Publishers. He and his wife, Margaret, live in Wheaton, Illinois.- Publisher.
Table Of Contents
1. There Is Only One God
2. Who Is God?
3. Where Did God Come From?
4. The Father, The Son, And The Holy Spirit
5. If We Cannot See God, How Can We Know He Is Alive?
6. Why God Made Us
7. Some Other Things About Our Wonderful God
8. Who Are The Angels?
9. Who Is Satan?
10. How God Made Adam And Eve
11. How Sin Came Into The World
12. God Plans For A Savior
13. Some Of God's Friends
14. My Good Shepherd
15. The Most Important Thing A Child Can Do
16. What Happens When We Ask Jesus To Be Our Savior?
17. Why Did Jesus Save Me?
18. If I Try To Be Good Will Jesus Save Me?
19. A Child Of The King
20. Where Was Jesus Before He Was Born?
21. How The Baby Jesus Was Different From Every Other Baby
22. The Miracles Of Jesus
23. The Death Of Jesus Christ
24. Jesus Becomes Alive Again
25. Jesus Goes Back To His Father In Heaven
26. Jesus Is Coming Again
27. The Holy Spirit
28. May Christians Do Wrong Things?
29. Who Is On The Throne In Your Heart?
30. Keeping The King On His Throne
31. Bearing Fruit
32. How Can You Tell Whether Someone Loves The Lord Jesus?
33. What if We Sin After We're Saved?
34. Why It Helps Us To Be Punished
35. A Letter From God
36. How Do We Know The Bible Is True?
37. What Happens H We Do Not Use Our Bibles?
38. What Does God Want Me To Do?
39. Why Do Christians Disagree?
40. What It Means To Forgive
41. A Prize For You In Heaven
42. The Lord's Day
43. Are You Angry With God?
44. Going To Sunday School
45. What Are You Going To Be When You Grow Up?
46. Who May Talk To God?
47. Who Made Everything?
48. Telling Lies