Gentleman of Her Dreams (Ladies Of Distinction Novella Series)
When Miss Charlotte Wilson asks God for a husband, she decides He must want her to pursue Mr. Hamilton Beckett, the catch of the season. The only problem? She's never actually met Hamilton. Fortunately, one of her oldest and dearest friends, Mr. Henry St. James--who has returned to New York after a two-year absence--does know Hamilton. Much to Henry's chagrin, Charlotte immediately ropes him into helping her meet Hamilton. However, none of her plans to catch Hamilton's eye go as she expected, and she is even more confused when her old feelings for Henry begin to resurrect themselves. In the midst of the mayhem Charlotte always seems to cause, she wonders if the gentleman of her dreams might be an entirely different man than she thought.
This novella is a companion to A Change of Fortune, Jen Turano's full-length debut novel, available fall 2012!
You May Also Be Interested In
About "Gentleman of Her Dreams (Ladies Of Distinction Novella Series)"
Meet the Author
Jen Turano is a graduate of the University of Akron with a degree in Clothing and Textiles. She pursued a career in management for nine years before switching to full-time motherhood after the birth of her son. When she's not writing, Jen can be found watching her teenage son participate in various activities, taking long walks with her husband and dog, socializing with friends, or delving into a good book. She lives in suburban Denver, Colorado. Learn more at www.jenturano.com. A
Table Of Contents
- When Miss Charlotte Wilson Asks God For A Husband, She Decides He Must Want Her To Pursue Mr. Hamilton Beckett, The Catch Of The Season. The Only Problem? She's Never Actually Met Hamilton. Fortunately, One Of Her Oldest And Dearest Friends, Mr. Henry St. James--who Has Returned To New York After A Two-year Absence--does Know Hamilton. Much To Henry's Chagrin, Charlotte Immediately Ropes Him Into Helping Her Meet Hamilton. However, None Of Her Plans To Catch Hamilton's Eye Go As She Expected, And She Is Even More Confused When Her Old Feelings For Henry Begin To Resurrect Themselves. In The Midst Of The Mayhem Charlotte Always Seems To Cause, She Wonders If The Gentleman Of Her Dreams Might Be An Entirely Different Man Than She Thought.
This Novella Is A Companion To a Change Of Fortune, Jen Turano's Full-length Debut Novel, Available Fall 2012!
- 1. Cultural Shifts, The Rise Of Fundamentalism And The Great Reversal
- A Cultural Legacy
- The Progressive Movement And The Great War
- Cultural Challenges To The American Protestant Empire
- Intellectual Challenges To The American Protestant Empire
- Higher Criticism Of The Bible
- The Scopes Trial
- The Wesleyan And Pentecostal Difference
- The Social Gospel
- The Great Reversal
- The Fundamentalist Dilemma
- 2. Fundamentalism, Neo-evangelicalism And The Search For Power
- The Great Depression And Its Aftermath
- The New Deal
- The Shifting Theological Context
- The Rise Of The Neo-evangelicals
- The Infrastructure Of Neo-evangelicalism
- The National Association Of Evangelicals
- Christianity Today
- Fuller Theological Seminary
- The Ministry Of Billy Graham
- The Popularity Of Religion And The Threat Of Communism
- Wesleyan Evangelicals Coalesce
- The Civil Rights Movement
- 3. Evangelicals, The Religious Right And The Moral Life Of The Nation
- The Great Society And An Activist Supreme Court
- Social Action And The Young Evangelicals
- Watergate And The Election Of An Evangelical President
- The Rise Of The New Religious Right
- The Christian Coalition
- Culture Wars
- Wesleyan Evangelicals And The Religious Right
- Evangelicals And Catholics Together
- Conservative Evangelicals And The Republican Party
- 4. Evolution, Intelligent Design And The Transformation Of Culture?
- The Scopes Trial Revisited?
- Evolution As Neo-darwinism
- Theistic Evolution
- Leading Wesleyan Evangelicals (and Others) Debate Theistic Evolution
- Neo-darwinism As A Sufficient Explanation
- Intelligent Design
- A Working Definition Of Intelligent Design
- The Intellectual Strategy Of Intelligent Design
- Intelligent Design's Critique Of Mutation And Natural Selection
- Michael Behe And Irreducible Complexity
- William Dembski And Complex Specified Information
- Making Way For Doubt And Ambiguity: Laughlin, Anderson, Himmelfarb And Berlinski
- Methodological Naturalism And The Wedge
- Methodological Discipline?
- Metaphysical Naturalism
- The Cultural Strategy Of Intelligent Design
- The Supreme Court And Evolution
- The Judiciary Declares Intelligent Design A Religion And Defines Science
- 5. The Resurgence Of The Evangelical Left
- The Rise Of The Evangelical Left
- The Politics Of The Evangelical Left
- Jim Wallis
- Tony Campolo
- Brian Mclaren
- Jimmy Carter
- The Housing Crisis As A Case Study In Political Mischief And Confusion
- Leftist Political Philosophy And The Modern Democratic State
- Where The Evangelical Left Falters
- The Manhattan Declaration
- The Evangelical Left Falters Again
- 6. Beyond Ideology: The Renewal Of Catholicity And The Development Of An Evangelical Political Philosophy
- The Rise Of Barack Obama
- The Public Voice Of The Church
- Yoder To The Rescue?
- Come To Church And Get Alienated
- The Challenges Of The Modern Liberal Democratic State
- A New Kind Of Secularism
- Revisioning Separation Of Church And State
- People Of Faith As Second Class Citizens
- Separation Of Church And State Has Become Separation Of Church And Culture
- The Priority Of The Church Or Democracy?
- Whats An Evangelical To Do?
- The Beginnings Of A Political Philosophy
- What Kind Of Power?
Customer Reviews For "Gentleman of Her Dreams (Ladies Of Distinction Novella Series)"
Write Your Own Review
Short but Sweet!