Great Commission, Great Compassion
Go and do. Jesus commands it, and the world needs it. Word and deed go together. One without the other is not enough. We follow Jesus into all the world, and we follow his example in all we do.Mission mobilizer Paul Borthwick shows how proclamation and demonstration of the gospel go hand in hand. God gives us the Great Commission, Matthew 28's call to go wherever Jesus sends us, making disciples and proclaiming good news to all nations. And we become people of his Great Compassion, Matthew 25's vision for treating others as we would treat Jesus himself, caring for the needy and living justly.Borthwick offers practical ways for us to live out the Great Commission and Great Compassion in every sphere of our lives. Holistic discipleship means learning and looking, praying and giving, welcoming the stranger, simplifying our lives and standing with and for others on God's behalf. Small steps can make a big difference in the mission of God. Will you answer the call?
You May Also Be Interested In
About "Great Commission, Great Compassion"
Meet the Author
Paul Borthwick is senior consultant for Development AssociatPaul Borthwick is senior consultant for Development Associates International and teaches missions at Gordon College in Wes International and teaches missions at Gordon College in Wenham, Massachusetts. Through his speaking, writing and resoenham, Massachusetts. Through his speaking, writing and resource ministry, Borthwick works to mobilize others to particiurce ministry, Borthwick works to mobilize others to participate in world missions. Previously he served for more than tpate in world missions. Previously he served for more than tC
Table Of Contents
- Go And Do. Jesus Commands It, And The World Needs It. Word And Deed Go Together. One Without The Other Is Not Enough. We Follow Jesus Into All The World, And We Follow His Example In All We Do.mission Mobilizer Paul Borthwick Shows How Proclamation And Demonstration Of The Gospel Go Hand In Hand. God Gives Us The Great Commission, Matthew 28's Call To Go Wherever Jesus Sends Us, Making Disciples And Proclaiming Good News To All Nations. And We Become People Of His Great Compassion, Matthew 25's Vision For Treating Others As We Would Treat Jesus Himself, Caring For The Needy And Living Justly.borthwick Offers Practical Ways For Us To Live Out The Great Commission And Great Compassion In Every Sphere Of Our Lives. Holistic Discipleship Means Learning And Looking, Praying And Giving, Welcoming The Stranger, Simplifying Our Lives And Standing With And For Others On God's Behalf. Small Steps Can Make A Big Difference In The Mission Of God. Will You Answer The Call?
- part I: Biblical Foundations
- 1. How Shall We Then Live?2. Commission And Context: Living Out Jesus' Final Imperatives3. Five Great Commissions, One By One4. The Great Commission: Three Takeaways5. The Great Compassion: Caring For The Disadvantaged6. The Great Compassion: Eight Takeaways
- part Ii: Lifestyle Imperatives
- 7. Choose: Committing To Kingdom Mission In Our Personal Choices8. Learn: Developing An Ongoing Posture Of Learning And Discovery 9. Look: Opening Our Eyes And Responding To Needs And Opportunities10. Pray: Remembering That We Have Access To The Throne Room Of God Almighty11. Welcome And Celebrate: Looking For Ways To Welcome The Stranger12. Simplify And Give: Making A Generous Lifestyle A Priority13. Stand Together: Finding Like-minded People And Advocating For Others14. Go: Serving Crossculturally And Leaving Our Comfort Zone
- Epilogue: Witnessing To All The Sensesresourcesappendix: One Hundred Ideas For Great Commission, Great Compassion Outreach Notes