Jesus Behaving Badly
- Judgmental?preaching hellfire far more than the apostle Paul
- Uncompromising?telling people to hate their families
- Chauvinistic?excluding women from leadership
- Racist?insulting people from other ethnic groups
- Anti-environmental?cursing a fig tree and affirming animal sacrifice
- Angry?overturning tables and chasing moneychangers in the temple
Also Available In
- eBook - $15.78
You May Also Be Interested In
About "Jesus Behaving Badly"
:Everybody likes Jesus. Don't they?We overlook that Jesus was
Meet the Author
Mark L Strauss
Mark L. Strauss (PhD., University of Aberdeen) is professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary in San Diego. He is the author of The Davidic Messiah in Luke-Acts; Distorting Scripture? The Challenge of Bible Translation and Gender Accuracy; Luke in the Illustrated Bible Background Commentary; The Essential Bible Companion; and Four Portraits, One Jesus: An Introduction to Jesus and the Gospels.
He has recently completed the The Gospel of Mark for Expositor's Bible Commentary and is writing The Gospel of Mark for the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary. His professional associations include the Evangelical Theological Society, the Institute for Biblical Research and the Society of Biblical Literature. He is a frequent preacher at San Diego area churches and has served in three interim pastorates.