You May Also Be Interested In
About "KJV Holy Bible 1611 Edition Includes Apocrypha"
For 400 years, the Authorized Version of the Bible - popularly known as the King James Version - has been beloved for its majestic phrasing and stately cadences. No other book has so profoundly influenced our language and our theology. Over time, however, the text has suffered subtle and occasionally troublesome alterations. This edition preserves the original 1611 printing. Word for word and page for page, the text with its original marginal notes, preface, and other introductory material appears as it first did. The sole concession to modernity is a far more readable Roman typeface set by nineteenth-century master printers. This special edition includes only the complete text of the Protestant canon.
- The only word-for-word facsimile of the original 1611 Authorized Version on the market
- Original preface and translators' notes
- Alfred Pollard's classic essay on pre-1611 English translations and the history of the Authorized Version
- New essay on the enduring impact of the KJV
- Handsome page design with decorative initials
- Clear type is convenient to read and reference
This bible is the a 1611 King James Version.