Living in Christ's Presence: Final Words on Heaven and the Kingdom of God
- Logos Bookstores' 2014 Best Book in Spirituality
- 2014 Readers' Choice Award Winner
- 2014 Leadership Journal Best Books for Church Leaders (The Leader's Inner Life)
- A Special Award of Merit, from Byron Borger, Hearts and Minds Bookstore
In these pages Dallas Willard explores what it means to live well now in light of God's kingdom. He reflects on the power of the Trinity in our lives, the meaning of knowledge, the importance of spiritual disciplines and much more. Dallas Willard offers poignant thoughts about what it will be like to transition into the very presence of Christ in heaven.Now in paperback, this book is adapted from the talks given at the February 2013 Dallas Willard Center "Knowing Christ Today" conference in Santa Barbara, California. Each chapter is followed with an illuminating dialogue between Dallas Willard and John Ortberg.The book closes with the theme of offering a blessing to one another. These reflections form an apt conclusion to Dallas Willard's public ministry. It is a gift of grace.A conversation guide written by Gary W. Moon is included. Also available is the companion Living in Christ's Presence DVD.
You May Also Be Interested In
About "Living in Christ's Presence: Final Words on Heaven and the Kingdom of God"
Meet the Author
Dallas Willard (Ph.D., University of Wisconsin) is a Professor in the School of Philosophy at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. He has taught at USC since 1965, where he was Director of the School of Philosophy from 1982-1985. His philosophical publications are mainly in the areas of epistemology, the philosophy of mind and of logic, and on the philosophy of Edmund Husserl, including extensive translations of Husserl's early writings from German into English.
He also lectures and writes award winning books on Christian Spirituality. His book Renovation of the Heart received Christianity Today's 2003 Book Award in the category of Spirituality. The Divine Conspiracy was selected Christianity Today's "Book of the Year" for 1999.
His other publications include The Spirit of the Disciplines; Hearing God; The Great Omission; Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice and most recently Knowing Christ Today: Why We Can Trust Spiritual Knowledge and Personal Religion, Public Reality?.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
Table Of Contents
- :preface - Gary Moon
- 1. How To Live Well: Eternal Life Begins Now - Dallas Willardconversation: Dallas Willard And John Ortberg
- 2. Who Are The Experts On Life Transformation? - John Ortbergquestions And Answers With John Ortberg
- 3. How To Step Into The Kingdom And Live There - Dallas Willardconversation: Dallas Willard And John Ortberg
- 4. Experiential Knowledge Of The Trinity - John Ortbergconversation: Dallas Willard And John Ortberg
- 5. Understanding The Person: Including The Invisible Parts - Dallas Willardconversation: Dallas Willard And John Ortberg
- 6. The Importance Of Christian Disciplines - John Ortbergconversation: Dallas Willard And John Ortberg
- 7. Blessing - Dallas Willard
- Appendix: Discussion Guide