The Christian Theology Reader (4th Edition)
- Each reading is accompanied by its own introduction, commentary and study questions, and illustrates a key doctrine, point of view, intellectual development, or theological landmark ^
- Includes several new readings on religion and science, an expanded coverage of feminist theological voices, extracts from radical Protestant perspectives, and more contemporary theology ^
- Features additional writers, including: Pope Benedict XVI, John Polkinghorne, John Milbank, Elizabeth A. Johnson, and John Yoder ^
- May be used as a stand-alone volume, or alongside Christian Theology: An Introduction, 5th edition for a complete overview of the subject ^
- Accompanied by a fully revised and expanded website, available on publication, featuring useful instructor and student resources, including study questions and answers, quizzes, podcast lecturers from Alister McGrath, and multiple choice questions; visit www.wiley.com/go/mcgrath for more details
You May Also Be Interested In
About "The Christian Theology Reader (4th Edition)"
This bestselling volume is now available in a fully updated and expanded fourth edition, bringing together 378 readings, drawn from over 230 sources, and charting 2,000 years of Christian history. ^
Meet the Author
Alister E Mcgrath
Scientist, and former atheist, turned internationally-regarded theologian and prolific author, Revd Professor Alister McGrath, (D.Phil (Oxon), earned D.D. (Oxon) has been appointed to the newly created Chair in Theology, Ministry and Education at King's College, London. Formerly he was Professor of Historical Theology, and Senior Research Fellow at Harris Manchester College, Oxford.
He is a world-renowned theologian, and is the author of numerous bestselling titles including The Christian Theology Reader; Theology; Christianity: An Introduction; A Brief History of Heaven, and Dawkins' God .
McGrath is an Evangelical on the cutting edge of the interface between Theology and Science, and Theology within post-modern culture as indicated by his most recent publications A Fine-Tuned Universe? Anthropic Phenomena and Natural Theology(2009),The Dawkins Delusion? Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine and The Open Secret: A New Vision for Natural Theology.
Koorong -Editorial Review.