The Crucible of Christianity
- But where did this religion come from?
- How did it take shape and formulate its beliefs?
- How was the NT written and determined?
- How, after the first century AD, did Christianity set out on the road to an intellectually coherent account of its faith?
- How did it relate to the other main religion that grew up at the same time - Gnosticism?
You May Also Be Interested In
About "The Crucible of Christianity"
Today Christianity is the largest religion in the world, its influence felt in every corner of the globe:
Meet the Author
Jonathan Hill (Ph.D., National University of Singapore) previously worked as a subtitler for Sky News, Sky Sports and Channel Five, a Researcher for Prospect Pictures and Production Assistant for NHK Europe, where he was involved in the conception, writing and research of new television programmes and documentaries. Jonathan is also a freelance copy editor and proof reader, and especially enjoys working on Terry Pratchett novels. Jonathan is willing to talk about anything, but expresses a particular fondness for the Blues...
He is the author of The History of Christian Thought; Faith in the Age of Reason; What Has Christianity Ever Done for Us?; The Crucible of Christianity and The Big Questions
Koorong -Editorial Review.